Chevron Aircraft Maintenance have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Engineer based at their Prestwick facility. The roles includes responsibility for supplier on-time delivery; management of inventory levels based on buying strategy; sourcing materials and services to support customer requirements; supporting the pre input planning process regarding the pre load of parts; monitoring of parts sent for overhaul to meet performance output metrics, in relation to a time critical Supply Chain where failure to deliver has a financial impact on the business. You will also be responsible for the oversight of GSE and the facility ensuring these are maintained to the required level through the support and management of sub-contracted suppliers.
- Procure all raw materials and Aircraft parts required to support EASA Part 145 Regulated MRO.
- Identify preferred material planning methodology for each item based on Chevrons Approved Suppliers List (ASL) and to liaise with the Quality Assurance Department to ensure compliance.
- Determine levels of inventory to meet organisational metrics.
- Negotiate and administer purchase orders in support of production needs.
- Develop and monitor plans to reduce/eliminate excess and slow moving inventory.
- Work with finance to address any payment issues.
- Responsible for ensuring that Environmental, Health, and Safety are included as part of everyday purchasing activities.
- Manage and control expenditure within the agreed budget
- Maintain accuracy of the MRO system with regards to all material dept requirements
- Manage, develop and negotiate existing and new contracts with suppliers
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of regulatory requirements in relation to the management and control of materials
- Responsible for the upkeep of the facility and GSE and dealing with suppliers to support this activity
- Any other project or activity that may be required to support the business from time to time
- National 5 (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Have a relevant engineering qualification (such as related Degree, HND, HNC etc,)
Experience and Knowledge
- Full understanding of regulatory requirements in relation to materials management
- Experience of setting, developing and maintaining materials dept procedures
- Previously held a role in a Materials Dept. in an airline or MRO
- Experience of Health & Safety and Compliance
- Previously experience of managing contract negotiations and ongoing relationships with suppliers
- Experience of working within departmental budgets
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to provide clear direction to direct reports
- Strong planning and project management skills and experience
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel etc.)
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to understand complex written information
- Challenges existing ways of working in order to make improvements